Delaware Commute Solutions
Delaware Commute Solutions is a free commuter program through DART First State. The Delaware Commute Solutions team will work directly with businesses to customize commuting option programs so businesses can pilot and implement continuity plans prior to the 2021 project start date.
DART’s Delaware Commute Solutions will also focus on employees and conduct outreach activities at their places of employment to educate employees on their clean-commute options and provide project updates.
Clean commute options include the following:
- Carpooling & Vanpooling
- Compressed Work Weeks
With the Delaware Commute Solutions program, anyone who lives, works or attends higher education classes in Delaware can become a member.
When you join Delaware Commute Solutions you’ll get FREE member benefits like:
- Carpool matching
- Guaranteed Ride Home in the case of an unexpected event (up to 5x per year)
- Reward points are earned for every clean commute that is recorded and points can be redeemed for prizes, discounts, or entries for the $100 monthly raffle
- Commute tips and advice
- Special promotions and social media contests
DART First State
DART First State has planned service changes and strategies to help riders navigate the I-95 construction. Starting February 14, 2021, some bus routes will be re-routed away from I-95 to travel I-495 and/or US 13 into Wilmington. A new bus lane has been constructed on portions of northbound US 13 to allow for expedited travel into Wilmington. New fare offerings includes a Student fare and a 20-Ride Ticket, as well as price reductions for passes. Riders can download the free DART Transit app or visit DartFirstState.com to access the trip planner, view bus routes and bus stops, and check real-time bus information. Riders can also download the free DART Pass app, a mobile fare payment option for touchless payment and the most convenient way to pay and ride DART buses in Delaware. Both the DART Pass and DART Transit app are available for iOS and Android. DART now offers free public Wi-Fi on buses and at the Wilmington Transit Center. For more information, please visit DartFirstState.com or call 1-800-652-DART. Follow DART on social media to keep updated with the latest rider information and alerts.
DART’s completed and ongoing efforts include:
- Opened the new Wilmington Transit Center adjacent to the Wilmington Train Station as the new transfer location for most DART routes in downtown Wilmington offering many rider amenities including a smoke-free covered, seated waiting area, real-time bus displays, ticket sales, WiFi, USB charging stations, vending machines, and bike racks with a bike repair station.
- Offers improved technology for utilizing public transportation which includes the DART Transit and DART Pass apps.
- Installed public Wi-Fi on buses and at the new Wilmington Transit Center
- Expanded hours of bus services on weekends and added holiday service on select routes in New Castle County
- Completion of a dedicated bus lane on portions of US 13 northbound to allow for expedited public transit travel into Wilmington
- Opening the Newark Regional Transportation Center at the Newark Train Station, west of Route 896 in Newark, to offer expanded amenities for the growing number of local train commuters
- Expanding parking at the Fairplay Station at Churchmans Crossing to accommodate new ridership for those choosing to use SEPTA to commute to and from Wilmington and Philadelphia
SEPTA Train service will be one of the fastest options for commuters during the I-95 construction. The Wilmington/Newark Line serves all four Delaware train stations; Claymont, Wilmington, Fairplay at Churchmans Crossing, and Newark. For schedule information, please visit www.septa.org or contact SEPTA at 1-215-580-7800. Wilmington/Newark Line Schedule (effective Jan. 24, 2021)