Public transportation plays an essential role in the lives of Delawareans. It provides a vital connection, bolsters the economy, improves the environment, and helps to enhance our quality of life. Delaware Transit Corporation (DTC) proudly operates DART services in the First State. Please join DART for a community conversation to discuss your needs.
RideShare Delaware is a free commuter program through DART First State. The RideShare Delaware team will work directly with businesses to customize commuting option programs so businesses can pilot and implement continuity plans prior to the 2021 project start date.
DART’s RideShare Delaware will also focus on employees and conduct outreach activities at their places of employment to educate employees on their clean-commute options and provide project updates.
Clean commute options include the following:
- Carpooling & Vanpooling
- Compressed Work Weeks
With the RideShare Delaware program, anyone who lives, works or attends higher education classes in Delaware can become a member.
When you join RideShare Delaware you’ll get FREE member benefits like:
- Carpool matching
- Guaranteed Ride Home in the case of an unexpected event (up to 5x per year)
- RideShare Rewards points are earned for every clean commute that is recorded and points can be redeemed for prizes, discounts, or entries for the $100 monthly raffle
- Commute tips and advice
- Special promotions and social media contests
DART First State
DART First State has many activities going on in advance of the construction including:
- Opening the new Wilmington Transit Center near the Wilmington Train Station to improve public transportation services in Wilmington and northern New Castle County
- Raising awareness of our improved technology for utilizing public transportation which includes our DART mobile payment app, real-time bus information, and offering free Wi-Fi service on fixed-route buses
- Expanding hours of DART operations on weekends and additional holiday service
- Creating a dedicated bus lane on portions of US 13 northbound to allow for expedited public transit into Wilmington
- Opening of the North Middletown Park & Ride
- DART’s RideShare Delaware will work directly with businesses to customize commuting option programs so businesses can pilot and implement continuity plans prior to the 2021 project start date
- DART’s RideShare Delaware will also focus on employees and conduct outreach activities at their places of employment to educate employees on their clean-commute options and provide project updates
- Opening the Newark Regional Transportation Center at the Newark Train Station, west of Route 896 in Newark, to offer expanded amenities for the growing number of local train commuters
- Expanding parking at the Fairplay Station at Churchmans Crossing to accommodate new ridership for those choosing to use SEPTA to commute to and from Wilmington and Philadelphia
- DART will hold Community Conversations and Public Hearing Workshops to gain feedback on changes to route alignments